Bruce Hornsby - Halcyon Days mp3 flac
Halcyon Days is the eighth studio album by American singer and pianist Bruce Hornsby. The album, recorded with his touring band the Noisemakers, was released in 2004. It was Hornsby's first release with Columbia Records. One song, "What The Hell Happened", has been described as a rare example of the use of bitonality in a pop piece. Guests included Sting, Elton John and Eric Clapton.
Bruce Hornsby – Halcyon Days. Label: Columbia – CK 92652. Piano, Keyboards, Vocals – Bruce Hornsby. Producer – Bruce Hornsby, Wayne Pooley. Viola – David Creswell, Dawn Hannay, Karen Dreyfus, Robert Rinehart, Sue Pray, Vivek Kamath. Violin – Ayano Ninomiya, Dan Reed (2), Duoming Ba, Fiona Simon, Jeanne Ingraham, Jung Sun Yoo, Laura Seaton, Lisa Kim, Maryia Borozina, Matt Lehmann, Michael Roth (3), Myung-Hi Kim, Paul Woodiel, Sandra Park, Sarah Kim, Sharon Yamada, Soohyun Kwon, Suzanne Ornstein.
Big Swing Face announced a new and improved Bruce Hornsby, one who wasn't afraid to "Try Anything Once. The lead track of Halcyon Days, "Gonna Be Some Changes Made" - subtly echoing "The Way It Is" in its piano work - continues this affirmation of progress. Too bad then that the rest of the album slowly works to erase this growth. Still, the first half of Halcyon Days, while much less ambitious than Big Swing Face, starts off promisingly enough. From the poppy "Changes" to the soothing title track, Hornsby delivers an agreeable, if overlong, set.
Bright light streaming in, through my window pane Think I'll stare at the shapes it makes On the floor and then stare again You've got your curtains drawn Anything I can do? Maybe a rose or a pillow or a picture or a funny joke just for you To carry you away Let me bring you, some tokens of esteem Close the door on the world, make it our own beautiful scene There's a darkness visible, maybe only to me Maybe just a dream, a time-slowing-down dream A hole you're sinking. down deep Comes loose at the seams,.
Bruce Hornsby’s latest album, Halcyon Days, literally offers something for every type of fan-except perhaps those who fell in love with Bruce’s very earliest records and crave a return to that type of sound. I think it’s safe to say that the days of The Way It Is and Scenes from the Southside are gone for good. However, in Halcyon Days, his eighth studio recording, listeners hear a welcome return to the piano that buttered his bread, so to speak, and was all but absent from his last album, Big Swing Face
Halcyondays - For other uses, see Halcyon Days.
Halcyon Days is the eighth studio album by American singer and pianist Bruce Hornsby.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Gonna Be Some Changes Made
Vocals – Sting
|2||Candy Mountain Run||5:15|
|4||Circus On The Moon||6:32|
Vocals – Sting
|6||What The Hell Happened||4:22|
|7||Hooray For Tom||3:56|
|9||Mirror On The Wall||5:42|
|11||Lost In The Snow||5:08|
- Distributed By – Sony Music – 5174002000
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Recorded At – Tossington Sound
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Art Direction – Dave Bett*
- Backing Vocals [Verse Backgrounds] – Donnie Stuckey (tracks: 3), Lloyd Jones (tracks: 3), Ralph Payne (tracks: 3), Woody Green (tracks: 3)
- Bass – J.V. Collier
- Clarinet – Bobby Read (tracks: 4, 6, 8, 11)
- Drums – Sonny Emory
- Guitar – Doug Derryberry (tracks: 3, 4), Eric Clapton (tracks: 1, 2, 5), R.S. Hornsby (tracks: 2, 9), Wayne Pooley (tracks: 5, 9)
- Mastered By – Ted Jensen
- Mixed By – Dagle
- Orchestrated By [Orchestral Arrangement] – John "J.T." Thomas* (tracks: 10), Peter Harris (tracks: 3, 7)
- Percussion – Bonny Bonaparte* (tracks: 4)
- Photography By – Sean Smith
- Piano, Keyboards, Vocals – Bruce Hornsby
- Producer – Bruce Hornsby
- Producer, Engineer – Wayne Pooley
- Vocals – Elton John (tracks: 3), Eric Clapton (tracks: 2), Lloyd Jones (tracks: 3)
NotesMade in Austria
℗ & © 2004 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 099751 740025
- Label Code: LC00162
- Rights Society: SACD/SACEM/SDRM/SGDL/BIEM
- Matrix / Runout: S5174002000-0101 14
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L554
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 941N
|CK 92652||Bruce Hornsby||Halcyon Days (CD, Album)||Columbia||CK 92652||US||2004|
|5174002000||Bruce Hornsby||Halcyon Days (CD, Album)||Columbia||5174002000||Australia||2004|
|SAMPCD 14119 2||Bruce Hornsby||Halcyon Days (CD, Album, Copy Prot., Promo)||Columbia||SAMPCD 14119 2||UK & Europe||2004|
|ACK-92652||Bruce Hornsby||Halcyon Days (CD, Album, Copy Prot., Promo)||Columbia||ACK-92652||US||Unknown|
|CK 92865||Bruce Hornsby||Halcyon Days (2xCD, Album, Ltd, Tow)||Columbia||CK 92865||US||2004|