The Soft Boys - Underwater Moonlight ...And How It Got There mp3 flac
Underwater Moonlight is the second studio album by English rock band The Soft Boys, released on 28 June 1980 by record label Armageddon. Initially unsuccessful, the album has gone on to be viewed as a psychedelic classic, influential on the development of the neo-psychedelia music genre and on a number of bands, especially . It is included in Robert Dimery's 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die.
Recorded at the Cambridge Rowing Club Boathouse (upstairs) September 1979-July 1980. Tracks E1, E4, E8, F4, F5, F8, F9 composed by Hitchcock, Rew, Seligman, Windsor.
Augmented by nine ace studio tracks plus a second disc of inspired rehearsal tapes, Moonlight makes a strong case for the Boys’ oddball genius.
The Soft Boys' hugely influential 1980 neopsychedelic album Underwater Moonlight receives full archeological treatment on this double-CD set. Whether you consider it singer-songwriter Robyn Hitchcock's finest work or not, the cohesive, original whole it makes of roots ranging from the Byrds to Clear Spot remains dazzling. The LP's 10 tracks leap from the punkish anger of "I Wanna Destroy You" to the threatening crawl of "I Got the Hots," the angelically anthemic "Tonight," and Hitchcock's singular spin on the Beefheart-drenched blues of "Old Pervert" ("I won't do you no harm, I just wanna show you what's in my fridge/So come on, little girl
Artist: The Soft Boys Title: Underwater Moonlight. And How It Got There Year Of Release: 1980 Label: Matador Genre: Post-Punk, New Wave, Indie Rock Quality: FLAC (tracks+. Extract) 0:41 . 7 Old Pervert - Section 4 1:25. After recording the material that would later comprise the bulk of Invisible Hits, the Soft Boys recorded their masterpiece, the shimmering neo-psychedelic Underwater Moonlight.
Underwater Moonlight. The Soft Boys play pop hooks as if they were punk rock. I Wanna Destroy You" isn't overtly threatening like their post-punk contemporaries, but with its layered guitar hooks and dissonant harmonies, it is equally menacing. Furthermore, the group can twist its songs inside out and then revert them to their original form, as evidenced by "Insanely Jealous. Although the neo-psychedelic flourishes are fascinating, the key to record's success is how each song is constructed around rock-solid hooks and melodies that instantly work their way into the subconscious
Discover all of this album's music connections, watch videos, listen to music, discuss and download. Here are the instructions on how to disable your ad blocker: Adblock. Refresh the page to see the result. com in the drop down.
The Soft Boys were a pop band during the punk era led by Robyn Hitchcock, whose initially old fashioned music style of k became part of the neo-psychedelia scene with the release of Underwater Moonlight. The band formed in 1976 in Cambridge, England as Dennis and the Experts co. ore . Year: 1980. And How It Got There Album. The Web's Largest Resource for. Music, Songs & Lyrics. and How It Got There (Matador). Then again, Hitchcock has never had any trouble getting new material out to his fan base, nor have said aficionados had much difficulty in recent years catching up on his back catalog. Raucous rockers like "Goodbye Maurice or Steve" and "Wang Dang Pig," as well as more introspective numbers like "Amputated" and a very early take on Roxy Music's "Over You" (recorded before Avalon was released, it appears) make for another complete, if slightly muffled, Soft Boys album altogether. Which is its due, apparently.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||I Wanna Destroy You|
|A2||Kingdom Of Love|
|A4||I Got The Hots|
|B2||You'll Have To Go Sideways|
|B4||The Queen Of Eyes|
|C1||He's A Reptile|
Written-By – Syd Barrett
|C4||Only The Stones Remain|
|C5||Where Are The Prawns?|
|D2||Black Snake Diamond Rock|
|D3||There's Nobody Like You|
|...And How It Got There|
|E1||Old Pervert - Section 1|
|E2||Like A Real Smoothie|
|E6||She Wears My Hair|
|E7||Wang Dang Pig|
|E8||Old Pervert - Section 2|
|F2||Leave Me Alone
Written-By – Lou Reed
|F3||Goodbye Maurice Or Steve|
|F4||Old Pervert - Section 3|
Written-By – Bryan Ferry, Phil Manzanera
|F8||I Wanna, Er... (Extract)|
|F9||Old Pervert - Section 4|
Written-By – Martin Stanway-Mayers, Robyn Hitchcock
Written-By – James Smith*
Written-By – Syd Barrett
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Matador Records
- Copyright (c) – Matador Records
- Published By – Complete Music
- Published By – Essex Music International
- Published By – Watteau Music
- Published By – EMI Virgin Music
- Published By – Metal Machine Music Publ.
- Published By – Careers-BMG Music Publishing, Inc.
- Published By – August 23rd Music
- Recorded At – Cambridge Rowing Club Boathouse
- Recorded At – Maxwell's
- Engineered At – Alaska Studios
- Engineered At – James Morgan
- Produced At – Alaska Studios
- Produced At – Spaceward Studios
- Mastered At – SAE Mastering
- Art Direction [Art Consultation] – Michèle Noach
- Bass – Matthew Seligman
- Design – Mark Ohe
- Drums, Vocals – Morris Windsor
- Engineer – James Morgan (tracks: A2, A3, A5, B1, B4, B5), Pat Collier (tracks: A1, B3, C2 to D3)
- Guitar, Vocals – Robyn Hitchcock
- Guitar, Vocals, Bass, Synthesizer – Kimberley Rew
- Illustration – C-More-Tone Studios
- Illustration, Design – Robyn Hitchcock
- Liner Notes – David Fricke
- Mastered By – Roger*
- Photography By – Allen Brand, Bob Cooper , Curtis Knapp , George Wright , Morris Windsor, Sheila Talwar
- Producer – Mike Kemp (tracks: A4, B2, C1, D4), Pat Collier (tracks: A1 to A3, A5, B1, B3 to B5, C2 to D3), The Soft Boys (tracks: A4, B2, C1, D4)
- Recorded By – James Morgan (tracks: G), Pat Collier (tracks: G)
- Sitar – Andy King (tracks: A3)
- Violin – Gerry Hale (tracks: A5, B5)
- Written-By – Kimberley Rew (tracks: B2,B3 E1, E4, E8, F4, F5, F8, F9), Matthew Seligman (tracks: B3 E1, E4, E8, F4, F5, F8, F9), Morris Windsor (tracks: B3, E1, E4, E8, F4, F5, F8, F9), Robyn Hitchcock (tracks: A1 to C1, C3 to F1, F3 to F6, F8 to G)
Notes3LP Gatefold release with bonus 7".
"...And How It Got There"
Recorded at the Cambridge Rowing Club Boathouse (upstairs) September 1979-July 1980.
Tracks E1, E4, E8, F4, F5, F8, F9 composed by Hitchcock, Rew, Seligman, Windsor.
Tracks E2, E3, E5-E7, F1, F3, F6 by Hitchcock.
Track G is a studio outtake
Tracks H1, H2 recorded live at Maxwell's, Hoboken, NJ, 1980.
first 1500 include poster
Audiophile quality 150 gram vinyl sticker on the shrinkwrap
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 44861 05001 8
- Barcode (Side A runout): OLE-500-1-A SAE MASTERING
- Barcode (Side B runout): OLE-500-1-B SAE MASTERING
- Barcode (Side C runout): OLE-500-1-C SAE MASTERING
- Barcode (Side D runout): OLE-500-1-D SAE MASTERING
- Barcode (Side E runout): OLE-500-1-E SAE MASTERING
- Barcode (Side F runout): OLE-500-1-F SAE MASTERING
- Barcode (Side G runout): OLE-500-7-A
- Barcode (Side H runout): OLE-500-7-B
- Rights Society: BMI
|ARM 1||The Soft Boys||Underwater Moonlight (LP, Album)||Armageddon Records||ARM 1||UK||1980|
|MOIST 1 CD||The Soft Boys||Underwater Moonlight (CD, Album, RE)||Glass Fish Records||MOIST 1 CD||Europe||1990|
|133 026||The Soft Boys||Underwater Moonlight (LP, Album)||Roof Records||133 026||Germany||1981|
|MOIST 1||The Soft Boys||Underwater Moonlight (LP, Album, RE)||Living Cream Records||MOIST 1||UK||1986|
|OLE 500-2||The Soft Boys||Underwater Moonlight (2xCD, Album, RE, RP)||Matador||OLE 500-2||UK, Europe & US||2004|