Wilco - A Ghost Is Born mp3 flac
A Ghost Is Born is the fifth studio album by American alternative rock band Wilco. Released on June 22, 2004, it features singer Jeff Tweedy on lead guitar more than any previous Wilco album. The band streamed the album online free, and offered a five-song EP to purchasers. Tweedy entered a rehab clinic shortly before the release of the album, delaying its release by two weeks. It also shortened its promotional tour
Spiders (Kidsmoke)" is an adventure into the past, riding on the heals of the Velvet Underground, with a nice steady beat, lonely stirring guitar solos moving in and out of the song, gathering your attention, letting things trail off again, then bringing you right back up to the surface, before they dive you back into the deep end of the pool again. Great packaging and great pressing. Almost dead quiet with great sound dynamics.
A Ghost Is Born, released on June 22, 2004, is Wilco’s fifth studio album. It is the band’s first album under their new contract with the music label Nonesuch. In 2005, the album won two Grammy Awards for Best Alternative Music Album and Best Recording Package. Ghost, much like Wilco’s previous album, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, was well-received by critics. It’s not experiment for experiment’s sake. There’s a sense that every note and sound on Ghost, even the spontaneous ones, have been selected for private but rigorous reasons. A drum tap here, a glimmering hammer dulcimer there, a jab of distorted guitar, an echo suddenly opening new spaces -on Ghost, they say what words cannot.
A Ghost Is Born is the fifth studio album by Chicago-based alternative rock band Wilco. The band streamed the album online for free, and offered a five song EP to purchasers. It also shortened its promotional tour.
In interviews, Tweedy has explained the segment as a aural replica of the migraines that propelled him towards pharmaceuticals, but even the deepest empathy won't prevent its unrewarding drone from propelling listeners towards the " " button. But it pains me to see Wilco celebrate this album by getting right back on the tour bus, outfitted with a new guitar-army lineup, and spending yet more time away from the city from whence they derive their power. Won't you come home (and stay home), Jeff Tweedy?
Wilco – A Ghost Is Born. Nonesuch) UK release date: 21 June 2004. Wilco have long been viewed as the standard bearers for the alt-country movement, a label as unappealing as it is inaccurate (any genre that can lump in artists as diverse as Ryan Adams and Lambchop should be viewed with some suspicion). Wilco have constantly refined and experimented with their sound, so much so that the band’s old record label refused to release their last album Yankee Hotel Foxtrot until it was made more commercially viable. The band’s experimental side is in full flow on A Ghost Is Born
Wilco, A Ghost is Born. Appropriately for a band on Nonesuch, the Wilco displayed here seems as concerned with experiments in sound and unsettling juxtapositions of effects as with four-square rock songwriting. The weird laboratory music of Less Than You Think seems to have escaped from a movie by Andrei Tarkovsky, while Spiders (Kidsmoke) pits a throbbing electronic pulse against frantically scrabbling guitar. Elsewhere, Tweedy sounds positively Beatle-ish, as on the plonky piano ditty Hummingbird or the McCartney-evoking Theologians
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||At Least That's What You Said||5:36|
|2||Hell Is Chrome||4:42|
|4||Muzzle Of Bees||5:00|
Dulcimer – Frankie MontuoroViola – Karen Waltuch
Percussion – Tim Barnes
|8||Company In My Back||3:50|
|9||I'm A Wheel||2:41|
|11||Less Than You Think||15:06|
|12||The Late Greats||2:30|
- Backing Vocals – John Stirratt (tracks: 2 to 6)
- Bass – Jim O'Rourke (tracks: 2, 5), John Stirratt (tracks: 1, 3, 6 to 10, 12), Leroy Bach* (tracks: 4)
- Bass, Loops, Electronics, Synthesizer – Jeff Tweedy (tracks: 11)
- Drums – Glenn Kotche
- Dulcimer – Glenn Kotche (tracks: 8, 11 to 12)
- Engineer – Chris Shaw, Mikael Jorgensen (tracks: 8 to 11), T.J. Doherty, Tim Iseler (tracks: 8 to 11)
- Guitar – Jeff Tweedy (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 10, 12), Jim O'Rourke (tracks: 3 to 6, 8, 12), John Stirratt (tracks: 2, 5, 11), Leroy Bach* (tracks: 9 to 11)
- Loops, Electronics – Jim O'Rourke (tracks: 11)
- Loops, Electronics, Synthesizer – Glenn Kotche (tracks: 11), John Stirratt (tracks: 11), Leroy Bach* (tracks: 11)
- Mastered By – Steve Rooke
- Organ [Farfisa] – Mikael Jorgensen (tracks: 4, 7, 12)
- Organ [Korg Cx-3] – Jim O'Rourke (tracks: 7), Leroy Bach* (tracks: 2, 8)
- Percussion – Glenn Kotche (tracks: 8)
- Piano – Jim O'Rourke (tracks: 1, 3 to 4, 10), John Stirratt (tracks: 4), Leroy Bach* (tracks: 1, 6, 8, 12), Mikael Jorgensen (tracks: 2 to 5, 7, 10, 12)
- Producer – Wilco
- Producer, Mixed By, Engineer – Jim O'Rourke
- Synthesizer – Jim O'Rourke (tracks: 3, 11), Mikael Jorgensen (tracks: 1, 3, 6, 8, 11)
- Vibraphone – Leroy Bach* (tracks: 7)
- Vocals – Jeff Tweedy (tracks: 1 to 8, 10 to 12)
- Written-By – Girard* (tracks: 10), Glenn Kotche (tracks: 7, 11), Jeff Tweedy, Jim O'Rourke (tracks: 11), John Stirratt (tracks: 11), Leroy Bach* (tracks: 11), Mikael Jorgensen (tracks: 2, 10 to 11)
NotesRecorded at Sear Sound, NYC.
Tracks 8 to 11 recorded at SOMA E.M.S., Chicago.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0-7559-79809-2 9
|79809-2||Wilco||A Ghost Is Born (CD, Album, Enh)||Nonesuch||79809-2||US||2004|
|79809-2||Wilco||A Ghost Is Born (CD, Album, Enh, RE, Sli)||Nonesuch||79809-2||US||2004|
|7559798092||Wilco||A Ghost Is Born (CD, Album, Enh)||Nonesuch||7559798092||Australia||2004|
|76492-1, 79809-2||Wilco||A Ghost Is Born (2xLP, Album)||Rhino Vinyl, Nonesuch||76492-1, 79809-2||Europe||2004|
|79809-2||Wilco||A Ghost Is Born (CD, Album, Club, Enh)||Nonesuch||79809-2||US||2004|