Osibisa - Woyaya mp3 flac
Woyaya is the second album by Ghanaian Afro-pop band Osibisa released in 1971 by MCA. Reissued in 2004 in a two-CD pack together with the self-titled album Osibisa by BGO Records. The title song was covered in 1973 by Art Garfunkel on his debut solo album Angel Clare and by the group The 5th Dimension in the album Living Together, Growing Together
Открывайте новую музыку каждый день. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Миллионы композиций бесплатно и в хорошем качестве.
Woyaya is a music studio album recording by OSIBISA (Jazz ive Rock) released in 1971 on cd, lp, vinyl and/or cassette.
Watch the video for Woyaya from Osibisa's The Best Of Osibisa for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Woyaya: Written by Ghanaian drummer Sol Amarifio, is the title song of a 1971 album by Oisibisa, a musical group of Ghanaian and Caribbean musicians. It was frequently heard in work camps throughout central West Africa in the 1970s and 1980s. The arrangement in Singing the Journey comes from the version by Ysaye Barnwell (of Sweet Honey in the Rock). Think About The People.
Both Osibisa and Woyaya - originally released in 1971 - are remastered with fine, vibrant sound, and the original sleeve notes from the latter are included, as well as a new essay. Though Osibisa had a lengthy career and remained creative for several years, the two albums here are the group's best - so this should actually be considered the best introduction, at least until an adequate collection is put together.
Woyaya (1971) - download the album and listen online. On this page you can listen to the album, get information about the album, see the list of songs and much more. Listen online and stay in a good mood. Org Album: Woyaya (1971).
After unleashing their sensational debut album in 1971, Osibisa returned with an impressive follow up when ‘Woyaya’ was released the following year. A firm favourite with students and rock festival fans, Osibisa was always popular in the UK and throughout Europe, where their rock guitar blended with African rhythms appealed to dancers and listeners alike. Osibisa brought a breath of fresh air to a scene where audiences once sat passively listening to prog rock concerts. Now they could get up and join in the excitement generated by this high-energy band of soul brothers. The title track ‘Woyaya’ was covered by Art Garfunkel, and the.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written By – Osei - TontohWritten-By – Tontoh*, Osei*
Written-By – Osibisa
|A3||Spirits Up Above
Written-By – Kirk*
Written By – Tontoh - OseiWritten-By – Tontoh*, Osei*
Written-By – Richardson*
Written-By – Amao*
Written-By – Amarfio*
- Bass, Percussion [Assorted Percussion], Performer [Prenprensua] – Spartacus R
- Choir – Osibisa
- Design, Illustration [Drawn By] – Roger Dean
- Drums, Drums [Fontomfrom], Bongos, Cowbell – Sol Amarfio
- Engineer – John Punter
- Lead Guitar, Vocals – Wendell Richardson
- Liner Notes – Richard Williams
- Organ, Piano, Timbales – Robert Bailey
- Photography By – Robert Ellis , Shep Sherbell*
- Producer – Tony Visconti
- Tenor Saxophone [Tenor Sax], Baritone Saxophone [Baritone Sax], Congas, Drums [Fontomfrom], Flute – Loughty Lasisi Amao*
- Tenor Saxophone [Tenor Sax], Flute, Drums [African Drums], Vocals – Teddy Osei
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Horn [Cowhorn], Cabasa – Mac Tontoh
NotesLaminated front and rear gatefold cover.
No text on back.
Manufactured in Western Germany by TELDEC "Telefunken-Decca" Schalplatten-Ges. mbH., Heussweg 25, 2 Hamburg 19.
Licensed by MCA Records Inc., Universal City, California, U.S.A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: GEMA
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A stamped variant 1): 7-NLMG 252 Manufactured in Germany
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B stamped variant 1): 7-NLMG 253 Manufactured in Germany
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A stamped variant 2): 7-LNMG 0252 Manufactured in Germany
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B stamped variant 2): 7-LNMG 0253 Manufactured in Germany
|MDKS 8005||Osibisa||Woyaya (LP, Album, Gat)||MCA Records||MDKS 8005||UK||1971|
|DL7-5327, DL 75327||Osibisa||Woyaya (LP, Album, Glo)||Decca, Decca||DL7-5327, DL 75327||US||1971|
|LPI/E-332||Osibisa||Woyaya (LP, Album, Club, Gat)||Decca, Orfeon||LPI/E-332||Mexico||1972|
|MCALP-600.010||Osibisa||Woyaya (LP, Album, Gat)||MCA Records||MCALP-600.010||Brazil||1972|
|6-5327||Osibisa||Woyaya (8-Trk, Album)||MCA Records||6-5327||US||1971|