Neil Diamond - Hot August Night II mp3 flac
- Album: Hot August Night II
- MP3: 1403 mb | FLAC: 1438 mb
- Country: US
- Style: Folk Rock, Soft Rock
- Rating: 4.4/5
- Votes: 508
- Format: MPC FLAC AU AAC TTA VOX MOD
Hot August Night is a 1972 live double album by Neil Diamond. It is a recording of a Diamond concert on Thursday August 24, 1972, one of ten sold out concerts that Diamond performed that month at The Greek Theatre in Los Angeles. The album has become a great success for Diamond, and in Australia, it spent 29 weeks at number 1 on the album charts during 1973 & 1974. It was the number one charting album in Australia for the 1970s, entering the Australian album charts in late 1972 and was still charting in the top 20 in 1976. It re-entered the Australian top 10 in 1982.
Complete your Neil Diamond collection. Recorded live in concert. 1987 Sony Music Entertainment Inc. and Neil Diamond. Distribution Sony Music.
Hot August Night is a 1972 live double album by Neil Diamond ("Hot August night" is also the opening lyric to Diamond's 1969 single "Brother Love's Travelling Salvation Show"). The album is a recording of a Diamond concert on August 24, 1972, one of ten sold-out concerts that Diamond performed that month at The Greek Theatre in Los Angeles. This also marks the first album released by the newly formed MCA Records (a merging of the Uni, Kapp, and Decca labels).
Hot August Night II might not capture Neil Diamond at the peak of his career like its predecessor did, but it makes a convincing case for Diamond's skills as a showman. Running through his biggest hits, Diamond turns in a flashy, showy performance - his vocal ability may have eroded a bit in the '80s, yet he still knew how to get a live crowd excited. For the most part, that excitement translates to record, making Hot August Night II an enjoyable listen, but not an essential one. Track Listing.
More albums from Neil Diamond: Hot August Night III by Neil Diamond. And The Singer Sings His Song by Neil Diamond. Hot August Night, NYC (Live From Madison Square Garden) by Neil Diamond. 1. Song Of The Whales (Fanfare). 2. Headed For The Future. 4. Thank The Lord For The Night Time. 8. Love On The Rocks. 10. Forever In Blue Jeans. 11. You Don’t Bring Me Flowers. 12. I Dreamed A Dream.
Listen free to Neil Diamond – Hot August Night II (Song of the Whales (Fanfare), Headed For The Future and more). Recorded live in concert by Stonebridge Music, New Hidden Valley Music, Carole Bayer Sager Musics, produced by Val Garay. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.
|1||Song Of The Whales (Fanfare)|
|2||Headed For The Future|
|4||Thank The Lord For The Night Time|
|8||Love On The Rocks|
|10||Forever In Blue Jeans|
|11||You Don't Bring Me Flowers|
|12||I Dreamed A Dream|
|13||Back In L.A.|
|14||Song Sung Blue|
|16||I Am... I Said|
|19||Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Neil Diamond
- Copyright (c) – Neil Diamond
- Distributed By – Sony Music
- Acoustic Guitar – Doug Rhone, Richard Bennett
- Arranged By – Alan Lindgren
- Artwork – David Kirschner
- Backing Vocals – Doug Rhone, Linda Press, Ron Tutt
- Bass – Mickey Nadel
- Bass Guitar – Reinie Press
- Cello – Tony Cooke*, Ray Kelley
- Concertmaster – Assa Drori
- Conductor – Alan Lindgren
- Drums – Ron Tutt
- Electric Guitar – Doug Rhone, Richard Bennett
- Engineer – Allen Sides, Bob Levy, Bob Loftus, Val Garay
- Keyboards – Tom Hensley
- Lyrics By – Alain Boublil (tracks: 12), Alan Bergman (tracks: 11), Alan Lindgren (tracks: 2), Burt Bacharach (tracks: 20), Carole Bayer Sager (tracks: 20), Gilbert Becaud* (tracks: 3, 8), Herbert Kretzmer (tracks: 12), Jean-Marc Natel (tracks: 12), Marilyn Bergman (tracks: 11), Neil Diamond (tracks: 2 to 11, 13 to 20), Tom Hensley (tracks: 2)
- Mixed By – Val Garay
- Music By – Alan Lindgren (tracks: 1, 2, 7), Burt Bacharach (tracks: 20), Carole Bayer Sager (tracks: 20), Claude-Michel Schonberg* (tracks: 12), Gilbert Becaud* (tracks: 3, 8), Neil Diamond (tracks: 2 to 11, 13 to 20), Richard Bennett (tracks: 10), Tom Hensley (tracks: 2)
- Percussion – King Errisson, Vince Charles
- Photography By – Harrison Funk
- Piano – Alan Lindgren, Tom Hensley
- Producer – Val Garay
- Synthesizer – Alan Lindgren
- Viola – Lenny Sachs, Margo MacLaine*
- Violin – Assa Drori, Bill Hybell*, Bob Sanov, Clayton Haslop, Donald Palmer, Meg Zivahi*, Reg Hill*, Shari Zippert
- Vocals – Linda Press
NotesRecorded live in concert.
℗ 1987 Sony Music Entertainment Inc. and Neil Diamond.
© 1987 Sony Music Entertainment Inc. and Neil Diamond.
Distribution Sony Music.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 099746 040826
- Rights Society: BIEM/STEMRA
- Label Code: LC 0162
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): S1746040811-0101 35
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): Sony Music S1746040811-0101 44 A5
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): Sony Music S1746040811-0101 44 A8
- Mastering SID Code (Variants 2, 3): IFPI L554
- Mould SID Code (Variants 2, 3): IFPI 946A
|C2X 40990, C 44068, C 44069||Neil Diamond||Hot August Night II (2xLP, Album)||Columbia, Columbia, Columbia||C2X 40990, C 44068, C 44069||US||1987|
|KMJC-0973||Neil Diamond||Hot August Night II (Cass, Album)||CBS||KMJC-0973||Chile||1987|
|C2X 40990, C 44068, C 44069||Neil Diamond||Hot August Night II (2xLP, Album)||Columbia, Columbia, Columbia||C2X 40990, C 44068, C 44069||Venezuela||1987|
|460408 1||Neil Diamond||Hot August Night II (2xLP, Album, Gat)||CBS, Suzy||460408 1||Yugoslavia||1988|
|C2X 40990||Neil Diamond||Hot August Night II (2xLP, Album, Car)||Columbia||C2X 40990||US||1987|