Roberta Flack - Blue Lights In The Basement mp3 flac
Blue Lights in the Basement is the sixth studio album by American singer Roberta Flack released by Atlantic on December 13, 1977. The album was a commercial success, peaking at number eight on the US Billboard 200, becoming her third consecutive top-ten album on the chart and reaching number five on the R&B albums chart. On February 27, 1978, the album received a Gold certification by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for shipments over 500,000 copies.
Complete your Roberta Flack collection . Funny thing happened though. I guess someone felt guilty?
Chapter Two by Roberta Flack. View all albums . Blue Lights In The Basement. By: Roberta Flack (1977, Funk, Soul). 1. Why Don’t You Move In With Me. 2. The Closer I Get To You. 4. This Time I’ll Be Sweeter.
This album finds Flack responding to the changing times with a batch of smooth tracks and a polished and accomplished production. Of course by this time, she seemed to be divorced from the intelligent and recondite work that typified the early part of her career. Some of the tracks here do come close to that style; "25th of Last December" and "Love Is the Healing" throw in some nice changes to complement Flack's sweet and patient vocals. What caused this album to be such a big seller was the Flack and Donny Hathaway duet, "The Closer I Get to Yo. The track.
Blue Lights in the Basement. About Blue Lights in the Basement. Blue Lights in the Basement Q&A. Show all albums by Roberta Flack.
Features Song Lyrics for Roberta Flack's Blue Lights in the Basement album. The Closer I Get to You Lyrics. Roberta Flack Lyrics provided by SongLyrics.
Artists Roberta Flack Blue Lights in the Basement. Blue Lights in the Basement Roberta Flack. This album has an average beat per minute of 123 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 98/152 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist Blue Lights in the Basement. Why Don't You Move in With Me.
Roberta Flack is Roberta Flack's self-titled album. It represents her eighth album overall and was released in 1978. Its premiere single, "If Ever I See You Again" was on Billboard's Adult Contemporary chart for three consecutive weeks. In The Basement" was the first single to be lifted of Australian urban singer Jade MacRae's second album Get Me Home. The single didn't fare well in the charts due to lack of Radio airplay. MacRae says of the song, "I wrote In The Basement on a whirlwind writing trip to Sweden in early 2007. I was lucky enough to work with Arnthor Birgisson, one of the incredible writers from Max Martin’s famous Maratone Studios in Stockholm. We had one day together.
Free download and listen Blue Lights in the Basement. Donny Hathaway, Roberta Flack. Style: pop. Album year: 1977. Roberta Flack - This Time I'll Be Sweeter 04:26. Roberta Flack - Love Is The Healing 03:44. Roberta Flack - Why Don't You Move In With Me 04:53. Roberta Flack - After You 03:53. Roberta Flack - Fine, Fine Day 04:50. Roberta Flack - I'd Like To Be Baby To You 04:40. Roberta Flack - Where I'll Find You 03:09.
A2 Recorded in August 1977, at - Hit Factory, New York - Paul Serano Studios, Chicago. Thanks to snobb for the updates. Blue Lights in the Basement Remastered Imports 2009.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Why Don't You Move In With Me
Written-By – Eugene McDaniels
|A2||The Closer I Get To You
Vocals – Donny HathawayWritten-By – J. Mtume*, Reggie Lucas
|A3||Fine, Fine Day
Written-By – Rachel Perry
|A4||This Time I'll Be Sweeter
Written-By – Gwen Guthrie, Pat Grant*
|A5||25th Of Last December
Written-By – Eugene McDaniels
Written-By – Michael Messer*, Ronald Miller
|B2||I'd Like To Be Baby To You
Written-By – Morgan Ames
Written-By – Wayne Carson*
|B4||Love Is The Healing
Written-By – Eugene McDaniels
|B5||Where I'll Find You
Soloist, Oboe – Michael KamenWritten-By – David McHugh
- Recorded At – The Hit Factory
- Recorded At – Columbia Recording Studios
- Recorded At – RCA Studios, New York
- Recorded At – Record Plant, N.Y.C.
- Recorded At – Kendun Recorders
- Recorded At – Westlake Audio
- Recorded At – Record Plant, Los Angeles
- Recorded At – P.S. Recording Studios
- Pressed By – PRC Recording Company, Richmond, IN
- Arranged By – Gary King, Harry Whittaker*, Hugh McCracken, Leon Pendarvis, "The Band," Michael Kamen*, Roberta Flack
- Backing Vocals – Brenda White*, Deniece Williams, Eugene McDaniels, Gwen Guthrie, Mtume*, Jim Gilstrap, Lani Groves, Leon Pendarvis, Roberta Flack, Ronnie Foster, Zach Sanders*
- Bass – Anthony Jackson
- Design – Gazebo Group, Stewart Bosley
- Drums – Allen Schwarzberger, Howard "Locksmith" King*, Idris Muhammad, Jimmy Wong, Steve Gadd
- Electric Bass – Anthony Jackson, Basil Fearrington*, Will Lee
- Engineer [Recording] – Brian Christian, Joe Ferla, Mike Moran , Phil Schier, Ralph Moss, Ted Spencer
- Executive-Producer – Ahmet Ertegun
- Guitar – David Spinozza, Hugh McCracken, Jeff Mironov, John Tropea, Reggie Lucas
- Keyboards – Don Grolnick, Harry Whittaker*, Leon Pendarvis, Paul Griffin, Rob Mounsey, Roberta*, Ronnie Foster
- Mastered By – Jack Adelman
- Percussion – Crusher*, Dave Carey*, Gary King, Mtume*, Jimmy Maeulin*
- Photography By [Back] – David Gahr
- Photography By [Front] – John Pinderhughes
- Producer – Eugene McDaniels, Joe Ferla, Rubina Flake
- Remix – Joe Ferla
- Synthesizer – Ronnie Foster
- Hit Factory / Columbia Recording Studios, New York
- RCA Studios / Record Plant, New York
- Kendun Recorders, Los Angeles, California
- Westlake Audio, Los Angeles, California
- Record Plant, Los Angeles, California
A2 Recorded in August 1977, at
- Hit Factory, New York
- Paul Serano Studios, Chicago
B5 from musical production "Bamboo" Ken Harper Productions.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A side Label): ST-A-773969- RI
- Matrix / Runout (B side Label): ST-A-773970- RI
|SD 19149||Roberta Flack||Blue Lights In The Basement (LP, Album, PR)||Atlantic||SD 19149||US||1977|
|GM-200.2270, GM-Lps.200.2270||Roberta Flack||Blue Lights In The Basement (LP, Album)||Atlantic, Atlantic||GM-200.2270, GM-Lps.200.2270||Venezuela||1977|
|KSD 19149||Roberta Flack||Blue Lights In The Basement (LP, Album)||Atlantic||KSD 19149||Canada||1977|
|7567-82791-2||Roberta Flack||Blue Lights In The Basement (CD, Album, RE)||Atlantic||7567-82791-2||Germany||Unknown|
|TP 19149||Roberta Flack||Blue Lights In The Basement (8-Trk, Album)||Atlantic||TP 19149||US||1977|