Aimee Mann - The Forgotten Arm mp3 flac
Complete your Aimee Mann collection. The Forgotten Arm (CD, Album, Dig). The Forgotten Arm (CD, Album).
The Forgotten Arm. Aimee Mann. The Forgotten Arm Tracklist. About The Forgotten Arm. The Forgotten Arm Q&A.
The Forgotten Arm is an album by singer-songwriter Aimee Mann with illustrations by artist Owen Smith. It was released by SuperEgo Records on May 3, 2005. It is a concept album, telling the story of two characters who run off with each other to escape their problems, but end up in more trouble than either of them could have imagined. The album reflects Mann's own boxing in its story and illustrations.
The prospect of an Aimee Mann concept album concerning an addicted boxer returning from the Vietnam War isn't necessarily enticing, but after the meandering, adrift Lost in Space, a change of pace of any kind is welcome for the acclaimed, gifted, and increasingly predictable singer/songwriter. Mann must have sensed this too, since she not only committed herself to a narrative song cycle, but she cut the record live with a new band under the guidance of producer Joe Henry.
The Forgotten Arm is an album by singer-songwriter Aimee Mann with illustrations by Owen Smith. By: Aimee Mann (2005, Rock). More albums from Aimee Mann: I’m With Stupid by Aimee Mann. Magnolia – Music From The Motion Picture by Aimee Mann. Charmer by Aimee Mann. Smilers by Aimee Mann. View all albums . The Forgotten Arm. 2. King Of The Jailhouse. 4. Going Through The Motions. 5. I Can’t Get My Head Around It. 6. She Really Wants You.
Features Song Lyrics for Aimee Mann's The Forgotten Arm album. Aimee Mann - The Forgotten Arm Album Lyrics. 1. She Relly Wants You Lyrics.
The Forgotten Arm is a concept album that tells a story in a series of vignettes. It's the tale of John and Caroline, two broken people who meet at the Virginia State Fair in the early 1970s, and run off together in the hopes that "sharing the burden will lighten the load. John is a sometime-boxer and a Viet Nam veteran who has come back from the war with demons and addictions. What makes it not only bearable, but actually moving, is Mann's understanding of her characters, and her empathy for the way that life grinds them down. The boxer theme is important, as the concept of the "forgotten arm" refers to a phenomenon where a fighter is repeatedly hurt with a series of jabs coming from one arm so as to get so involved with the need to block them that he forgets entirely about the other one. This "forgotten arm" eventually unleashes a blow that flies past his defenses and devastates him.
Band Name Aimee Mann. Album Name The Forgotten Arm. Type Album. Released date 03 May 2005. Labels V2 Music SuperEgo. Members owning this album3. I Can'T Get My Head Around It.
|2||King Of The Jailhouse||5:19|
|4||Going Through The Motions||2:57|
|5||I Can't Get My Head Around It||3:37|
|6||She Really Wants You||3:26|
|9||That's How I Knew This Story Would Break My Heart||4:19|
|10||I Can't Help You Anymore||4:52|
|11||I Was Thinking I Could Clean Up For Christmas||4:23|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – SuperEgo Records
- Copyright (c) – SuperEgo Records
- Licensed To – V2 Records International Ltd.
- Pressed By – Sonopress Arvato – 51430129
- Recorded At – Sunset Sound
- Recorded At – Sunset Sound Factory
- Recorded At – Stampede Origin
- Mixed At – Sunset Sound
- Mixed At – Sunset Sound Factory
- Mixed At – Stampede Origin
- Mastered At – The Mastering Lab
- Published By – Aimee Mann
- Art Direction – Aimee Mann
- Art Direction, Design – Gail Marowitz
- Baritone Guitar – Jeff Trott (tracks: 8)
- Bass, Backing Vocals – Paul Bryan
- Cowbell – Victor Indrizzo (tracks: 3)
- Drums, Percussion – Jay Bellerose (tracks: 2, 4 to 6), Victor Indrizzo (tracks: 1, 3, 7 to 12)
- Electric Guitar – Chris Bruce (tracks: 4), Jeff Trott (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 12), Julian Coryell (tracks: 4)
- Engineer [Sound Factory] – Jason Mott
- Engineer [Sunset Sound] – Chris Reynolds
- Guitar – Julian Coryell (tracks: 2)
- Horns – The West End Horns (tracks: 2)
- Illustration – Owen Smith
- Keyboards – Jebin Bruni
- Management – Michael Hausman Artist Management
- Mandolin – Jeff Trott (tracks: 2, 7)
- Mastered By – Gavin Lurssen
- Mixed By – Ryan Freeland
- Photography By – Sheryl Nields
- Producer – Joe Henry
- Recorded By – Ryan Freeland
- Slide Guitar, Backing Vocals, Keyboards – Julian Coryell (tracks: 10)
- Tenor Saxophone – Mark Visher (tracks: 2)
- Trombone – Jason Thor (tracks: 2)
- Trumpet, Arranged By – Willie Murillo (tracks: 2)
- Vocals – Julian Coryell (tracks: 6, 11)
- Vocals, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar – Aimee Mann
- Written-By – Aimee Mann
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5 033197 323527
- Barcode (Scanned): 5033197323527
- Matrix / Runout: [Sonopress arvato logo] 51430129/VVR1032352 22
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LP 73
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0794
- Rights Society: MCPS
- Label Code: lc01801
- Other (Distribution Code): 707.3235.2
|SE 0018||Aimee Mann||The Forgotten Arm (CD, Album, Dig)||SuperEgo Records||SE 0018||US||2005|
|VVR1032358||Aimee Mann||The Forgotten Arm (CD, Album, Jew)||V2||VVR1032358||Australia & New Zealand||2005|
|VVR1032642P||Aimee Mann||The Forgotten Arm (CD, Album, Promo)||V2||VVR1032642P||UK||2005|
|2985-2||Aimee Mann||The Forgotten Arm (CD, Album)||V2, SuperEgo Records||2985-2||Brazil||2005|
|V2CP 214||Aimee Mann||The Forgotten Arm (CD, Album, Promo)||V2, Columbia Music Entertainment, SuperEgo Records||V2CP 214||Japan||2005|