Mansun - Six mp3 flac
Six is the second album by English alternative rock band Mansun, released in September 1998 via Parlophone.
Mansun's second album is often described as a radical departure from the debut "Attack of the Grey Lantern". This statement is true in a way, but doesn't mean Mansun had changed totally. You can still hear some techniques typical for the band, only this time they'd been intentionally complicated. Six" is somewhat derisive take on so-called progressive rock, mixed with catchy pop, madchester rave, punk energy and dandy new romantic manner.
Six (CD, Album, RE, RM + 2xCD, Album + DVD-V, Album, Mu). Kscope. For more grandiose kicks get onto Kaada and Patton's Romances album. Not quite as progressive as Six but equally as ambitious and original. Reply Notify me Helpful. Can't fucking believe I sold my copy of this.
Six is the second album by English alternative rock band Mansun, released in September 1998 via Parlophone. In an interview prior to the release of Six, Paul Draper stated that the "interlude" "Witness to a Murder (Part Two)" was included to separate the album into two parts as a tribute to old-style vinyl albums.
- Six (Six)And you see, I kind of shivered to conformity, did you seeThe way I cowered to authority? You seeAnd my life, it's a series of compromises, anyway it's a shameAnd I'm conditioned to accept it all, you seeThan I had before, than I've presently gotThan I'll ever use up, than I really needThan I had before, than I've presently gotThan I'll ever use up, than I really needThan I had before, than . One of the best songs ever! Ive been throughly obsessed with the whole album since it was released; a genuine masterpiece. Heard that the record company didn't really like or 'get it' so pushed for the largely disappointing Little Kix to be made after.
Six is a music studio album recording by MANSUN (Crossover Prog/Progressive Rock) released in 1998 on cd, lp, vinyl and/or cassette. Part One 1. Six 8:07 2. Negative 4:21 3. Shotgun 6:38 4. Inverse Midas 1:44 5. Anti-Everything 2:25 6. Fall Out 3:47 7. Serotonin 2:33 8. Cancer 9:31.
Released September 7, 1998. In an interview prior to the release of Six, Paul Draper stated that the interlude / Witness to a Murder (Part Two) was included to separate the album into two parts as a tribute to old-style vinyl albums.
Since Mansun's debut album, Attack of the Grey Lantern, was some sort of convoluted song cycle, it shouldn't have been surprising that their second album, Six, felt like the second coming of prog rock. What was a surprise was the extent to which Mansun pushed the limits forward on the album
Tracklist Hide Credits
Engineer – Mike Hunter*Mixed By, Producer – Mark 'Spike' Stent*Producer – Paul Draper
|2||What It's Like To Be Hated
Engineer, Mixed By – Ian GrimbleWritten-By – Chad*
|3||Being A Girl (Parts One & Two) (Live)
Mixed By – Ian GrimbleWritten-By – Chad*
- Glass Mastered At – EMI Swindon
- Pressed By – EMI Swindon
- Published By – PolyGram Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – EMI Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – EMI Records Ltd.
- Recorded At – Brixton Academy
- Marketed By – EMI
- Distributed By – EMI
- Written-By – Draper*
NotesTrack 3 recorded at Brixton Academy.
Issued in a standard jewel case with front and rear inserts, black disc tray. Front insert contains lyrics of "What It's Like To Be Hated." Comes with six-panel foldout poster, Mansun merchandise order form insert, and disc-shaped Mansun information service postcard. Front of jewel case features a 2"x1.5" grey sticker.
"Eleven EP CD2 Of A 2 CD Set
Features New And Exclusive Tracks
Plus Bonus Poster
From the release:
℗1999 The copyright in this sound recording is owned by EMI Records Ltd.
©1999 EMI Records Ltd.
Printed in E.U.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 24388 66012 9
- Rights Society: bel / BIEM
- Other (Price code, UK): CDR 6511
- Other (Price code, F): PM 519
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): 886601 2 . 2:1:3: EMI SWINDON
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): 886601 2 . 2:1:2: EMI SWINDON
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L041
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 1437
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 1427
|R 6511, 7243 8 86600 7 5||Mansun||Six (7", EP, Ltd, Cle)||Parlophone, Parlophone||R 6511, 7243 8 86600 7 5||Europe||1999|
|ESK 41709||Mansun||Six (CD, Single, Promo)||Epic||ESK 41709||US||1998|
|CDRDJ 6511||Mansun||Six (CD, Single, Promo)||Parlophone||CDRDJ 6511||UK||1998|
|CDRS 6511, 7243 886600 2 0, 8866002||Mansun||Six (CD, EP, CD1)||Parlophone, Parlophone, Parlophone||CDRS 6511, 7243 886600 2 0, 8866002||UK||1999|