Joe South - A Look Inside / So The Seeds Are Growing mp3 flac
- Album: A Look Inside / So The Seeds Are Growing
- MP3: 1412 mb | FLAC: 1348 mb
- Released: 2010
- Rating: 4.9/5
- Votes: 837
- Format: TTA MP2 MP3 AC3 AAC DXD AU
First comes 1971’s So the Seeds Are Growing, where South - who had bigger hits as a songwriter than a performer - decided to devote roughly half of his record to covers, ranging from the recent Brotherhood of Man hit United We Stand to Ray Charles’ Drown in My Own Tears, from David Gates’ softly sweet The Other Side of Life to the blues. standard Motherless Children. South wrote and recorded A Look Inside in the aftermath of the suicide of his younger brother, and there’s a palpable sense of sadness lurking underneath South’s signature roots pop, particularly at the beginning of the album which opens with a set of slow, sorrowful blues.
So The Seeds Are Growing. 1. So The Seeds Are Growing. Tracks 1 to 10 from "So The Seeds Are Growing" (1971) Tracks 11 to 20 from "A Look Inside" (1972) Tracks 21-22 Non-LP single (1969) Track 23 Non-LP B-side to "It Hurts Me Too" (1973) Track 24 New recording produced by Joe South (2009).
Interpret: Joe South. Album titlle: A Look Inside - So The Seeds Are Growing. Customer evaluation for "A Look Inside - So The Seeds Are Growing". Evaluations will be activated after verification. 10 excellent 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 very poor. Please enter the digits and letters in the following text field. The fields marked with are required. Weitere Artikel von Joe South plus Art-Nr.
More albums from Joe South: A Look Inside by Joe South. Introspect by Joe South. Don’t It Make You Want To Go Home by Joe South. Joe South by Joe South. View all albums . 2. No Fence Around Me. 3. I’ve Got To Be Somebody. 4. Revolution Of Love. 6. The Other Side Of Life. 7. Drown In My Own Tears.
Joe South wrote some classic songs which others took to great heights: Hush (Deep Purple); I Never Promised You A Rose Garden (Lynn Anderson); Down in the Boon Docks (Billy Joe Royal) and others. Of his own career he is best known for the terrific Games People Play which was also much covered (in New Zealand by Allison Durban) and the weary Don't It Make You Wanna Go Home Lord. The '72 album A Look Inside is the stronger, opening with the stripped back and emotionally desolate Coming Down All Alone which, in Keith Richards' hands, could have made the cut on the dope-soaked Exile on Main Street. His soulful Imitation of Living ("God help me if you can, help this poor imitation of a man") cries out for a rediscovery and everywhere there is a sense of urgency here that makes the album less complacent than so many others at the time.
South was also a prominent sideman, playing guitar on Tommy Roe's "Sheila", Bob Dylan's Blonde on Blonde album, and the classic tremolo intro on Aretha Franklin's "Chain of Fools". South played electric guitar on Simon & Garfunkel's second album, Sounds of Silence, although Al Gorgoni and/or Vinnie Bell feature on the title track. Billy Joe Royal recorded five South songs: "Down in the Boondocks" (also covered in 1969 by Penny DeHaven), "I Knew You When", "Yo-Yo" (later a hit for The Osmonds), "Hush" (later. South's final recording, "Oprah Cried", was made in 2009 and released as a bonus track on the re-release of the albums So the Seeds are Growing and A Look Inside on one CD. Death.
So the seeds that you once planted now are growing And you're not so sure you like the fruit you taste Well it's never too late to change And there's a whole world to rearrange But I don't believe we have much time to waste. I have heard you Cryin' out for freedom but the world won't hear It keeps rollin' on Makin' you a slave to everything you fear Too many voices, not enough fears Too little love, too many fears
On this page you can not listen to mp3 music free or download album or mp3 track to your PC, phone or tablet. All materials are provided for educational purposes. Rock music Funk, Soul music Folk, World, & Country music. This album was released in 1971 year. Format of the release is. Vinyl, LP. Album. The album included the following session artists: Bass.
Joe South - The Other Side Of Life 02:05. Joe South - Drown In My Own Tears 02:58. Joe South - Lady Moon Walker 02:52.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|So The Seeds Are Growing|
|1||So The Seeds Are Growing||3:38|
|2||No Fence Around Me||2:13|
|3||I've Got To Be Somebody||2:47|
|4||Revolution Of Love||3:58|
|5||United We Stand
Written-By – J. Goodison*, P. Simons*, A. Hiller*
|6||The Other Side Of Life
Written-By – David Gates
|7||Drown In My Own Tears
Written-By – Henry Glover
|8||Lady Moon Walker
Written-By – Mars Bonfire
|A Look Inside|
|11||Coming Down All Alone
Arranged By – D. J. Rogers, Jim EllisHarmonica – Benny Goss
|12||Imitation Of Living||2:52|
|13||It Hurts Me Too||3:19|
Backing Vocals – Clydie King, Maxine Willard*, Venetta FieldsCongas – King Errisson
|15||One Man Band||3:07|
Synthesizer [Moog] – Brian Ross
|18||Save Your Best||2:59|
|19||I'm A Star||3:06|
|20||All Nite Lover, All Day Friend
Arranged By – Joe South
|21||Why Does A Man Do What He Has To Do (Single A-Side)
Written-By – Don Randi
|22||Be A Believer (Single B-Side)||3:02|
|23||Riverdog (Single B-Side)||2:47|
|24||Oprah Cried (2009 Recording)||4:53|
- Licensed From – EMI Music Australia Pty. Limited
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Capitol Records, LLC
- Copyright (c) – Raven Records Pty Limited
- Pressed By – Regency Media – 125495.1
- Acoustic Guitar – Auburn Burrell (tracks: 11 to 20), Phil Benton (tracks: 11 to 20)
- Arranged By – David Axelrod (tracks: 14, 16)
- Arranged By [Strings And Horns] – Ted Stovall (tracks: 1 to 6, 8, 10), The Fame Gang (tracks: 7, 9)
- Backing Vocals – Jim Ellis (tracks: 11 to 20), Joe South (tracks: 11 to 20), John Mulkey (tracks: 11 to 20), Roy Yeager (tracks: 11 to 20)
- Bass – John Mulkey (tracks: 1 to 24)
- Design, Layout – Louise Cook
- Drums – Kim Venable (tracks: 1 to 10), Roy Yeager (tracks: 11 to 20), Tommy South (tracks: 1 to 10)
- Electric Guitar – Phil Benton (tracks: 11 to 20)
- Executive Producer – Sidney Miller Jr. (tracks: 1 to 10)
- Guitar – Eddie Farrell (tracks: 1 to 10), Joe South (tracks: 1 to 24), John Fristo (tracks: 1 to 10), Pee Wee Parks (tracks: 1 to 10)
- Keyboards – Barbara Smith (tracks: 1 to 10), Jim Ellis (tracks: 11 to 20)
- Lead Guitar – Joe South (tracks: 11 to 20)
- Liner Notes – Bernie Howitt
- Mastered By – Warren Barnett
- Piano – Barbara Smith (tracks: 1 to 10)
- Producer – Jefferson Lee (tracks: 11 to 20), Joe South (tracks: 1 to 10)
- Slide Guitar – Joe Wilson (tracks: 11 to 20)
- Steel Guitar – Auburn Burrell (tracks: 11 to 20)
- Vocals – Joe South (tracks: 1 to 24)
- Written-By – Joe South (tracks: 1 to 4, 9 to 20, 22 to 24)
NotesTracks 1 to 10 from "So The Seeds Are Growing"
Tracks 11 to 20 from "A Look Inside"
Tracks 21-22 Non-LP single
Track 23 Non-LP B-side to "It Hurts Me Too"
Track 24 New recording produced by Joe South
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 6 12657 03142 1
- Mastering SID Code: ifpi LN96
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 6Z03
- Matrix / Runout: REGENCY MEDIA 125495.1 ifpi LN96 RVCD-314 P68359