Saint Etienne - Sound Of Water mp3 flac
Sound of Water (2000) is an album by Saint Etienne. At the time of release, this album split the band's fanbase between those who preferred the more commercial song-based sound of Good Humor and singles like "You're in a Bad Way" and "He's on the Phone" from those who appreciated the band's new direction, which was more experimental in nature. Sound of Water was developed as Saint Etienne's ambient and trip hop statement.
Complete your Saint Etienne collection. Saint Etienne continues in fine form on THE SOUND OF WATER, with Sean O’Hagan of the High Llamas taking main production duties. His fingerprints are immediately evident on the harmonium-drenched pop of Heart Failed (In the Back of a Taxi) or the blippy melodies and spoken word of Don’t Back Down. It’s a much more thin sound that we’ve become accustomed to from them, but they work with it admirably.
This compilation ℗ 2009 Saint Etienne Limited under exclusive license to Universal Music Operations Limited.
The album strove to keep the concise, song-oriented focus of Good Humor, while expanding the horizons of their music to focus on abstract, dreamy, electronic sounds. There are moments of pop pleasure here, surrounded by spare, languid electronica sections, vaguely reminiscent of the High Llamas.
Sound of Water Tracklist. 2. Heart Failed (In The Back Of A Taxi) Lyrics. 3. Red Setter Lyrics.
Modifier l'album Reporter une erreur. Britpop Saint Etienne. Liste des groupes Britpop Saint Etienne Sound of Water. ajouter les paroles de l'album. Ajouter un fichier audio. Nom du groupe Saint Etienne. Membres possèdant cet album1. Heart Failed (in the Back of a Taxi). 5. Just a Little Overcome.
Is Sound Of Water the best album by Saint Etienne? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. This album At A Glance. Sound Of Water by Saint Etienne (2000) Overall rank: 16,058th. Accolades: Top albums of 2000 ( 340th ). Top albums of the 2000s ( 3,980th ). Best albums of all time ( 16,058th ).
Performer: Saint Etienne Album: Sound Of Water Label: Saint Etienne Limited.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||Heart Failed (In The Back Of A Taxi)
Mixed By – Eric Kupper
|4||Don't Back Down
Mixed By – Eric Kupper
|5||Just A Little Overcome||3:41|
|6||Boy Is Crying||3:52|
|7||Aspects Of Lambert||3:31|
|9||How We Used To Live||9:02|
|10||The Place At Dawn||1:47|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Saint Etienne Limited
- Copyright (c) – Saint Etienne Limited
- Recorded At – Amber Studio, Berlin
- Mixed At – Protocol Studios
- Published By – Universal UMC
- Published By – Warner/Chappell
- Licensed To – Universal Music Operations Ltd.
- Made By – EDC, Germany – 52699632
- Arranged By – Gerard Johnson, Sean O'Hagan, To Rococo Rot
- Backing Vocals – Charlotte Hodson, Mitch Stevens
- Bass [Upright And Electric] – Edgar Jones
- Co-producer, Engineer, Mixed By – Gerard Johnson
- Coordinator [Project Co-ordinated By] – Julian Fernandez
- Design [Original] – Philip Lee
- Design [This Edition] – Paul Kelly
- Drums – John Miller
- Engineer – Gerard Johnson
- Guitar – Jez Williams
- Illustration – Julian Opie
- Liner Notes – Simon Reynolds
- Management – Andrew Walsh , Martin Kelly
- Mixed By – Gerard Johnson
- Percussion – Stuart Reid
- Performer – Gerard Johnson, Robert Lippok, Ronald Lippok, Sean O'Hagan, Stefan Schneider
- Performer [Gosseskin Outburst] – Shoichi Kajino
- Performer [Recorders] – David Lawes
- Photography By [Back Sleeve] – Rachael Cassells
- Producer – Saint Etienne
- Voice – Nathan Bennett
- Written-By – Stanley*, Wiggs*, Cracknell*
NotesTrack timings taken from media player.
Saint Etienne is:
Sarah Cracknell, Bob Stanley and Pete Wiggs
Gerard Johnson, Robert Lippok, Ronald Lippok, Sean
O'Hagan, Stefan Schneider on Kwai Piano, Wurlitzer,
Jomox Drum Machine, Akai MPC 3000, Moog Sonic
Six, Waldorrf Microwave, Siel Cruise, Accordion,
Vibes, Guitars, Drums and Electric Bass
With thanks to Simon Li, Simon Lindsay, Greg Snowdon
and Steve Hammonds
Additional thanks to John Empson, Ed Horrocks
and Michael McClatchey at Mantra
Martin Mills, Andy Heath and Paul Redding
at Beggars Banquet
℗ 2011 Saint Etienne limited under exclusive
license to Universal Music Operations Limited.
© 2011 Saint Etienne Limited.
Management by Martin Kelly and Andrew Walsh
at Heavenly [email protected]
UK / Europe live agent EC1 [email protected]
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 6 02527 59111 7
- Label Code: LC00268
- Matrix / Runout: 06025 275 911-1 01 + 52699632
- Matrix / Runout: MADE IN GERMANY BY EDC A
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LV27
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0148
- Rights Society: BIEM/SDRM
|MNTCD1018||Saint Etienne||Sound Of Water (CD, Album)||Mantra Recordings||MNTCD1018||UK||2000|
|EVERCD135||Saint Etienne||Sound Of Water (CD, Album)||Everlasting Records||EVERCD135||Spain||2000|
|MNTCD1018||Saint Etienne||Sound Of Water (CD, Album)||Mantra Recordings, Playground Music Scandinavia||MNTCD1018||Scandinavia||2000|
|7243 8 493672-3, 8493672, 7243 8 493672-2, 7243 8||Saint Etienne||Sound Of Water (CD, Album)||Labels, Labels, Labels, Labels||7243 8 493672-3, 8493672, 7243 8 493672-2, 7243 8||France||2000|
|HVNLP72CDSE, HVNLP72CDDE||Saint Etienne||Sound Of Water (CD, Album, RE + CD, Comp + Dlx, RE, RM)||Heavenly, Heavenly||HVNLP72CDSE, HVNLP72CDDE||UK & Europe||2017|