Art Pepper - On Pacific mp3 flac
Original Album Title is "Art Pepper Plays Shorty Rogers & Others" Made in Japan 1979 (t) Manufactured by King Record C. Lt. Japan under license from United Artists Music And Records Groupp, Inc. USA Cat variations on release: - frontcover, spine & jap. Inlay GXF 3130 - center label: Pacific Jazz PJ-LA896, GXF-3130. Matrix, Runout (LP Side A stamped): SILBT 9138 - 1 °.
The Best of Art Pepper.
This superior three-LP box set reissues all of altoist Art Pepper's small-group dates for the Pacific Jazz label. Virtually all of the music has since been reissued on CD (part of it as The Artistry of Pepper and part of it under trumpeter Chet Baker's name), but the Mosaic box, which has an attractive booklet, is the definitive treatment of this chapter in Pepper's musical story.
Arthur Edward Pepper Jr. (September 1, 1925 – June 15, 1982) was an American alto saxophonist and very occasional tenor saxophonist and clarinetist. A longtime figure in West Coast jazz, Pepper came to prominence in Stan Kenton's big band. He was known for his emotionally charged performances and several stylistic shifts throughout his career, and was described by critic Scott Yanow as "the world's great altoist" at the time of his death.
Art Pepper (September 1, 1925 – June 15, 1982), born Arthur Edward Pepper, J. was an American alto saxophonist and clarinetist.
I Can't Give You Anything But Love Lyrics. Art Pepper Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. All Music News . Popular Art Pepper Lyrics.
Art Pepper Plays Shorty Rogers And Others (Pacific Jazz PJ-LA896-H). Chet Baker, trumpet; Art Pepper, alto sax; Richie Kamuca, tenor sax; Pete Jolly, piano; Leroy Vinnegar, bass; Stan Levey, drums. Forum Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, July 26, 1956. also issued on World Pacific ST-1021. The Return Of Art Pepper (Jazz: West JWLP-10). Jack Sheldon, trumpet Art Pepper, alto sax; Russ Freeman, piano; Leroy Vinnegar, bass; Shelly Manne, drums.
Art Pepper (Author) Format: Vinyl. The first group of recordings on this album was made live at The Forum Theater in Los Angels July 28, 1956 with Art Pepper (alto sax), Chet Baker (trumpet), Richie Kamuca (tenor sax), Pete Jolly (piano) Leroy Vinnegar (bass) and Stan Levey (drums). There are additional tracks from sessions later in 1956 and 1957.
Artist: Pepper, Art Title: Art Pepper On Pacific Genre: Jazz Type: Used - LP Label: Pacific Catalog ID: GXF 3130 Country: Japan Our ID: 40996. View other items by this Artist View other items on this Label.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||–Art Pepper Nine||Popo||4:24|
|A2||–Art Pepper Nine||Di Di||3:14|
|A3||–Art Pepper Nine||Powder Puff||3:24|
|A4||–Art Pepper Nine||Bunny||3:44|
|A5||–Art Pepper Nine||Diablos' Dance||3:25|
|B1||–The Chet Baker-Art Pepper Sextet||Minor Yours||7:14|
|B2||–The Chet Baker-Art Pepper Sextet||Ol' Croix||4:28|
|B3||–The Chet Baker-Art Pepper Sextet||Tynan Time||6:19|
|B4||–The Chet Baker-Art Pepper Sextet||Little Girl
Written-By – Henry*, Hyde*
- Manufactured By – King Record Co. Ltd
- Licensed From – United Artists Music And Records Group, Inc.
- Alto Saxophone – Art Pepper
- Baritone Saxophone – Bud Shank (tracks: A1 to A5)
- Bass – Leroy Vinnegar (tracks: B1 to B4), Monte Budwig* (tracks: A1 to A5)
- Drums – Shelly Manne (tracks: A1 to A5), Stan Levey (tracks: B1 to B4)
- Executive-Producer – Ed Levine*
- Photography By – Ray Avery, Bill Claxton*
- Piano – Pete Jolly (tracks: B1 to B4), Russ Freeman (tracks: A1 to A5)
- Producer, Liner Notes – Richard Bock
- Tenor Saxophone – Bill Holman (tracks: A1 to A5), Richi Kamuca* (tracks: B1 to B4)
- Trumpet – Chet Baker (tracks: B1 to B4), Don Fagerquist (tracks: A1 to A5)
- Tuba – Red Callender (tracks: A1 to A5)
- Valve Trombone – Stu Williams (tracks: A1 to A5)
- Written-By – Art Pepper (tracks: B1 to B3)
- Written-By, Arranged By, Conductor – Shorty Rogers (tracks: A1 to A5)
NotesOriginal Album Title is "Art Pepper Plays Shorty Rogers & Others"
Made in Japan 1979 (t)
Manufactured by King Record Co., Ltd., Japan under license from United Artists Music And Records Groupp, Inc. USA
Category variations on release:
- frontcover, spine & jap. Inlay GXF 3130
- center label: Pacific Jazz PJ-LA896 / GXF-3130
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (LP Side A stamped): SILBT 9138 - 1 °
- Matrix / Runout (LP Side B stamped): SILBT 9139 - 4 °
|PJ-LA896-H||Art Pepper||Art Pepper Plays Shorty Rogers & Others (LP, Album)||Pacific Jazz||PJ-LA896-H||US||1978|
|LA896-H||Art Pepper||Plays Shorty Rogers & Others (LP, Album)||Pacific Jazz||LA896-H||Netherlands||1978|
|PJ-CA896-H||Art Pepper||Plays Shorty Rogers & Others (Cass, Album)||Pacific Jazz||PJ-CA896-H||US||1978|
|GXF 3130||Art Pepper||On Pacific (LP, Album, Promo)||Pacific Jazz||GXF 3130||Japan||1979|