Our Lady Peace - Naveed mp3 flac
Naveed is the debut album by Canadian rock band Our Lady Peace. It was produced by Arnold Lanni, and was released on March 22, 1994 by Sony Music Canada. Naveed became a success in Canada, selling over 100,000 copies (Platinum Certification) by the end of the year. The title Naveed is taken from the Persian name for the "bearer of good news".
Naveed (LP, Album, Ltd, Num, Tra). Epic Associated, Music On Vinyl.
Canada's Our Lady Peace makes a stunning debut with Naveed, almost avoiding the mid-'90s reign of Seattle's grunge. Mixing fierce melodies among '60s hard rock guitars, Our Lady Peace projects confidence, but is not as angry as Pearl Jam; however, they're abrasive and ready to rage against the corporate social machine. Percussion is tight, and frontman Raine Maida's lyrical poetry is also solid and wailing
Come come naveed Come come Naveed Come come save. There he's on his knees again Trying hard to understand Why Naveed would let a young man die Convinced that he might break He reaches for that phone And another day has gone And another day has gone And another day Has gone(x16). I can't live here anymore But it's hard when you reach for that floor There's something that tears me inside I can't live here anymore I can't live here anymore I can't live here anymore I can't live here anymore Anymore. Come, come Naveed Come, come Naveed Come, come now. More on Genius.
Our Lady Peace wear their influences on their sleeves: three of grunge's big names loom large on the album- the atmospheric-yet aggressive rock tracks recall Soundgarden; drums and vocals often ape their contemporaries from the Smashing Pumpkins; while largest of all looms the shadow of Pearl Jam, from whose guitarists Mike Turner owes much. Still, the band reaches further for its pop sensibilities- melodic structure echoes at various points Led Zeppelin and the Beatles (later years would see covers of 'Tomorrow Never Knows,' 'If I Fell' and 'Imagine')
Originally released in 1994, Naveed became a success. The album sold over 400,000 copies in Canada and also performed well in many other territories. Upon its release in the United States in the next year, the albumwas admired by critics and very well received by fans
Our Lady Peace Lyrics. are you there, and is it comfortable? did you want to escape, try to escape the population? the pressure is deceiving, and for you particularly should we let a young man die? let him die if he wants to? I can't live here anymore it's hard when you reach for that floor and and there's something that tears me inside, so I can't go. brother are you there? now tell me is it wonderful or were you hoping to find something a little more? climbing down the hours I need to know now do the hands of time only rule this chapter i'll have.
|B3||Is It Safe?||3:45|
- Distributed By – Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc.
- Recorded At – Arnyard Studios
- Mixed At – Arnyard Studios
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc.
- Licensed From – Sony Corporation
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Published By – Sony Music Publishing
- Published By – Under Zenith Publishing
- Published By – Seacret Publishing
- Published By – Catchit Songs
- Published By – Lanni Tunes
- Artwork [Colour Tinting] – Paul Barden
- Bass – Chris*
- Concept By – Our Lady Peace
- Design, Art Direction [Impact North] – Steve Farrace
- Drums – Jeremy*
- Engineer [Assistant] – Terrance Lee
- Guitar – Mike*
- Management – Coalition Entertainment Management
- Management [Coalition Entertainment Group] – Eric Lawrence, Rob Lanni*
- Mastered By – Ted Jensen
- Music By – Arnold Lanni, Chris Eacrett, Mike Turner
- Music By, Words By – Raine Maida
- Photography – Andrew MacNaughtan
- Producer, Engineer – Arnold Lanni
- Typography [Sanskrit] – Margo McPherson
- Vocals – Raine*
NotesThanks to: Rick, Mike, Richard, Allison and all at Sony Music Canada, Frankie Larocka, Danny Bilan, John Bouvette, Benny and Jerry at Sonotechnique, Craig at Coll Audio, B.P. Fallon, Peter Faragher, Nazeem Lakay, Jim Newell, Wild "T" Springer, Phil X, Steve and Eugene at Masterplan Productions, Blackcat Productions, Jody, Jim Samson, at Rimshot, Joe Bertinsky, Saul Fox, Norm & NHT.
Special Thanks to: Eacrett family, Jenn and Dave, Sonia, Maida family, Gene, Joyce, Stacey, Susie, Taggart family, Vito, Mike, Flude family, Turner, Reynolds, and Pilgrim families, Caryn, Hanlon family, D.J. Williams, Valerie, Elisa, Lianna and Tyler, thanks to all of our friends who supported us live.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 88985341041-5
- Rights Society: SOCAN
- Matrix / Runout (Side A (Etched)): 88985341041-A KP
- Matrix / Runout (Side B (Etched)): 88985341041-B KP
|CEK 80191||Our Lady Peace||Naveed (CD, Album, Club)||Epic||CEK 80191||Canada||1994|
|88561-1507-4||Our Lady Peace||Naveed (Cass)||Relativity||88561-1507-4||US||1994|
|ET80191||Our Lady Peace||Naveed (Cass)||Epic||ET80191||Canada||1994|
|R1K 11507||Our Lady Peace||Naveed (CD, Album, Club)||Relativity||R1K 11507||Canada||1994|
|MOVLP1877||Our Lady Peace||Naveed (LP, Album, Ltd, Num, Tra)||Epic Associated, Music On Vinyl||MOVLP1877||Europe||2017|