Evelyn "Champagne" King - Smooth Talk mp3 flac
Smooth Talk is the debut album, released in 1977 by R&B singer Evelyn "Champagne" King by RCA Records and produced by Theodore Life. It contains singles "Shame", also one of King's signature songs, and "I Don't Know If It's Right", both of which were hits in the United States and Canada. Outside North America in music charts, "Shame" performed modestly in a few European countries, while the latter charted in the United Kingdom and New Zealand but performed poorly there.
Wonderfully smooth soul from Evelyn Champagne King, one of her real standouts from the early days, and a tremendous collaboration with producer/arranger T Life! The sound here is upbeat and catchy, but never too poppy, done with a slight hint of that groove that King would hit more famously in the 80s, but served up here with a deeper sense of warmth, and a slightly more laidback feel. King is classy without being cloying – just like a sip of the right sort of champagne – and T Life’s backings often have a slight undercurrent of funk. Smooth Talk made R&B and Pop as well as achieving gold certification and spending a year on the album charts.
With a healthy array of simple yet funky soul/disco romps, King 's debut outing is a fine catch for 70's R&B connoisseurs. Grooves like the savvy titletrack, with its undulating drum fills and serene and stylish vocal arrangement; the assertive "We're Going to a Party"; and the quietly melodic, pondering "I Don't Know If It's Right" (R&B Pop showcase the singer's power and poise finely against solid arrangements.
Evelyn "Champagne" King. Released August 17, 1977. Smooth Talk Tracklist. 1. Smooth Talk Lyrics. Smooth Talk Q&A. Producers Theodore Life. Writers Dexter Wansel, John H. Fitch J. Joseph Freeman & 2 more.
Evelyn Champagne King - Smooth Talk. Evelyn Champagne King - Smooth Talk. Artist: Evelyn "Champagne" King. Album: Smooth Talk, 2012. Album : Smooth Talk (1977).
Download for free and listen to Evelyn "Champagne" King - Smooth Talk. We have song's lyrics, which you can find out below. Org E Evelyn "Champagne" King.
Evelyn Champagne King Smooth Talk.
Evelyn "Champagne" King - Smooth Talk. Evelyn "Champagne" King. Download MP3.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Arranged By [Horns] – Arnold Coley*Written-By – M. Holden*, T. Life*, W. Kimes*
|A2||I Don't Know If It's Right
Arranged By [Horns] – Morris BaileyWritten-By – J. H. Fitch*, T. Life*
|A3||Til I Come Off The Road
Arranged By [Horns] – Arnold Coley*Written-By – J. H. Fitch*, M. Holden*, T. Life*
|A4||Dancin', Dancin', Dancin'
Arranged By [Horns] – Morris BaileyWritten-By – Teddy Pendergrass, T. Life*
Arranged By [Horns] – Sam Peaks*Written-By – J. H. Fitch*, R. Cross*
Arranged By [Horns] – Leon MitchellWritten-By – J. H. Fitch*, R. Cross*, T. Life*
|B3||We're Going To A Party
Arranged By [Horns] – Leon MitchellWritten-By – A. Gravatt*, J. Freeman*, T. Life*
|B4||The Show Is Over
Arranged By [Horns] – Leon MitchellWritten-By – D. Wansel*, T. Life*
- Produced For – Sunbar Productions, Inc.
- Record Company – RCA Corporation
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – RCA Records
- Published By – Dunbar Music, Inc.
- Published By – Mills Music
- Published By – Spi Con Music
- Recorded At – RCA Studios, New York
- Recorded At – Alpha International Studios
- Pressed By – RCA Records Pressing Plant, Indianapolis
- Backing Vocals – A. Sutton*, B. Ingram*, B. Sigler*, C. Benson*, E. Benton*, J. Freeman*, L. Groves*, M. Roberts , M. Farrow*
- Bass – Raymond Earl
- Clavinet – Sam Peaks*
- Congas – Lee Fuller*, Johnny McCants, Larry Strickland
- Coordinator [Production] – Lauren Klumpp, Nancy Jeffries
- Drums – Scott Miller*
- Electric Piano – Dexter Wansel, Sam Peaks*
- Engineer – Boris Midney
- Engineer [Assistant] – Bruce Weedon*
- Executive-Producer – Warren R. Schatz*
- Guitar – J.H. Fitch*, Kim Miller, Ronnie James
- Horns – Don Renaldo And His Swinging Horns*
- Keyboards – Dennis Richardson, Jerald Hill
- Mastered By – Jack Adelman
- Mixed By, Engineer – Joaquin J. Lopes
- Organ – Jimmy Sigler*, Sam Peaks*
- Percussion – Johnny McCants
- Producer, Arranged By, Backing Vocals, Guitar – T. Life*
NotesRecorded at RCA Studios, New York and Alpha International, Philadelphia
|APL1-2466||Evelyn "Champagne" King*||Smooth Talk (LP, Album)||RCA Victor||APL1-2466||US||1977|
|APL1-2466||Evelyn "Champagne" King*||Smooth Talk (LP, Album, RP)||RCA Victor||APL1-2466||US||1977|
|CDBBR 0015||Evelyn "Champagne" King*||Smooth Talk (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Big Break Records||CDBBR 0015||UK||2010|
|AFL1-2466||Evelyn "Champagne" King*||Smooth Talk (LP, Album)||RCA Victor||AFL1-2466||USA & Canada||1977|
|RVP-6319||Evelyn "Champagne" King*||Smooth Talk (LP, Album)||RCA||RVP-6319||Japan||1978|