Nas - God's Son mp3 flac
God's Son is the sixth studio album by American rapper Nas, released on December 13, 2002, by Ill Will and Columbia Records. Production took place during 2001 to 2002, and was handled by several producers, including Salaam Remi, Chucky Thompson, Ron Browz, Eminem, and The Alchemist. Partly inspired by Nas' feud with Jay-Z and the death of his mother in early 2002, God's Son covers lyrical themes such as religion, violence, and his own emotional experiences
God’s Son is Nas' sixth studio album, and it’s title is inspired by his nickname and the belly tattoo. The production is handled by Salaam Remi, Chucky Thompson, Ron Browz, Marshall Mathers, The Alchemist and Nas himself. The content is heavily inspired by the death of his mother, and along with Life is Good it’s Nas' most personal album. It’s important to me that the fans hear my album the way I intended. With the release pushed back almost two weeks, the album still managed to sell decently – it debuted at number 18 on the Billboard 200 chart with first-week sales of 156,000 copies, ultimately peaking at number 12. It sold 630,000 copies in its three weeks, topping Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart, and was certified platinum in January 2003.
God's Son is an emotional album, imbued with recent experiences in Nas' personal life, particularly his bout with Jay-Z and the unfortunate death of his mother, Ann Jones. These experiences had challenged the self-reappointed King of New York, attacking both his street status and his heart, and he in turn looked within, embracing both his craft and his spirit
In many ways, God's Son is lyrically superior to Illmatic. Nas has created an album that is at once mournful and resilient, street-savvy and academic. As an MC, he's technically stunning. His arsenal of flows would make even Jay jealous (and likely does after "Guns N' Roses"), and manages to be both rhythmically versatile and intellectually astute . On God's Son, Nas does all these things, effectively taking a bat to his "one hot album every ten year average.
Listen free to Nas – God's Son (Get Down, The Cross and more). God's Son is the sixth studio album by hip hop artist Nas. It was released on December 13, 2002 by Columbia and Ill Will Records. It reached on the Billboard 200, and obtained a platinum certification from the RIAA a month after it was released. The album was partly inspired by Nas' mother, Ann Jones, who died of breast cancer in early 2002.
With God’s Son, Nas picks up where he left off at on Stillmatic by delivering pure unadulterated Hip-Hop, but it seems this time around he worked the kinks out. Missing is any type of song that world resemble the wack-as-fuck Braveheart Party (and just because it was removed from the second pressing, doesn’t mean we forget, nor forgive). The result; a well thought-out masterpiece with very dark and moody undertones. Recorded after the passing of his mother, you can hear the influence and the toll it took on him in just about every song
Tracklist Hide Credits
Producer – Nas, Salaam "The Chameleon" Remi*Recorded By, Mixed By – Kevin CrouseWritten-By – Nasir Jones, Salaam Gibbs
Keyboards, Programmed By – Jeff BassMixed By – Steve KingProducer – EminemRecorded By – Steve KingRecorded By [Vocals] – Kevin CrouseWritten-By – Jeff Bass, Marshall Mathers, Nasir Jones
|3||Made You Look
Mixed By – Kevin CrouseProducer – Salaam "The Chameleon" Remi*Recorded By – Kevin CrouseRecorded By [Assistant] – Mike SrokaWritten-By – Jeremiah Lordan*, Nasir Jones, Salaam Gibbs
|4||Last Real Nigga Alive
Producer – Ron BrowzRecorded By, Mixed By – Kevin CrouseWritten-By – Nasir Jones, R. Turner*
Featuring – BraveheartsProducer – Salaam "The Chameleon" Remi*Recorded By, Mixed By – Kevin CrouseWritten-By – Jabari Jones, Michael Epps, Nasir Jones, Salaam Gibbs
Engineer [Assistant] – Michael Sroka*Featuring – Claudette Ortiz Of City High*, KelisFlute – Mercedes AbalProducer – Salaam "The Chameleon" Remi*Recorded By, Mixed By – Kevin CrouseWritten-By – Allan Felder, Kenni Burke*, Nasir Jones, Norma Wright*, Salaam Gibbs
Engineer [Assistant] – Michael Sroka*Flute – Mercedes AbalLead Vocals [Children's], Backing Vocals – Angela HunteProducer – Salaam "The Chameleon" Remi*Recorded By, Mixed By – Kevin CrouseWritten-By – Nasir Jones, Roy Hammond*, Salaam Gibbs
|8||Book Of Rhymes
Engineer [Assistant] – Elise Thomas, Jonah Egolf, Michael Sroka*Mixed By – Kevin CrouseProducer – The Alchemist*Recorded By – Kevin Crouse, Mathew Ryan*Written-By – Alan Maman, David Camon, Nasir Jones
|9||Thugz Mansion (N.Y.)
Engineer [Assistant] – Mark VintenFeaturing – 2Pac, J. PhoenixGuitar – Michael "Fish" Herring*Mixed By – Kevin CrouseProducer – Claudio Cueni, Michael HerringRecorded By – Claudio Cueni, Kevin CrouseWritten-By – Claudio Cueni, Johnny Jackson, Larry Loftin, Michael Herring, Nasir Jones, Tupac Shakur
Producer – The Alchemist*Recorded By, Mixed By – Kevin CrouseWritten-By – Alan Maman, Nasir Jones
Engineer [Assistant] – Pablo ArrayaFeaturing – Alicia KeysMixed By – Rich KellerProducer – Alicia KeysRecorded By – Kevin CrouseWritten-By – Alicia Keys, Nasir Jones
Featuring – LakeProducer – The Alchemist*Recorded By, Mixed By – Kevin CrouseWritten-By – Alan Maman, Leroy Jackson , Nasir Jones, Patrick Adams, Terry Philips
Horns – Olu DaraMixed By – Kevin CrouseProducer – Chucky ThompsonRecorded By – Kevin Crouse, Mathew Ryan*Written-By – Chucky Thompson, Nasir Jones
Co-producer – SaukratesFeaturing – Jully BlackLead Vocals, Backing Vocals – Jully Black, SaukratesProducer – AgileRecorded By, Mixed By – Kevin CrouseWritten-By – A. Griffith*, Eddie Holman, Jully Black, K. Wailoo*, Nasir Jones, Sheila Holman
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Recorded At – Circle House Studios
- Recorded At – Right Track Recording
- Mixed At – Sony Music Studios, New York City
- Recorded At – 54 Sound
- Recorded At – Electric Lady Studios
- Mixed At – 54 Sound
- Recorded At – Transcontinental Studios
- Mixed At – Crescent Moon Studios
- Recorded At – Can-Am Recorders
- Recorded At – Skip Saylor Recording
- Recorded At – Lobo Studios
- Published By – Zomba Enterprises, Inc.
- Published By – Ill Will Music, Inc.
- Published By – EMI April Music Inc.
- Published By – Salaam Remi Music
- Published By – Eight Mile Style
- Published By – Regent Music Corp.
- Published By – Browz Music
- Published By – Jabari Jones Publishing Designee
- Published By – Michael Epps Publishing Designee
- Published By – Top Bound Music
- Published By – Third Palm Music
- Published By – Jobur Music Co, Inc.
- Published By – Street Tuff Tunes
- Published By – A. Maman Music
- Published By – The Royalty Network
- Published By – Every-Knight Music
- Published By – Amaru Music Publishing
- Published By – Universal Music Publishing
- Published By – Black/Hispanic Music
- Published By – BMG Songs, Inc.
- Published By – Cueni Publishing
- Published By – Colorblind Fish Music
- Published By – From The Soul Music
- Published By – Zomba Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Lellow Productions
- Published By – Crystal Smiles
- Published By – Ninth Street Tunnel Music
- Published By – Sony/ATV Songs LLC
- Published By – Damian Music Publishing
- Published By – Schoochiebug Music
- Published By – Virtu Music
- Published By – Countless Endeavors Music Ltd.
- Published By – Lounge Music Publishing
- Published By – Warner Chappell Music Publishing
- Published By – Achandre Music
- A&R [Direction] – Lenny "Linen" Nicholson*
- Art Direction, Design – Chris a.k.a. "Brother Feldmann"*
- Artwork [Graphic Artist] – Frank Carbonari a.k.a. "Megatharp"*
- Artwork [Imaging] – "Swill" Will Kennedy*
- Executive-Producer – Nas, Steve Stoute
- Illustration – Jarrett "J-Blood" Demartino*
- Management – Steve "The Commisioner" Stoute*
- Management [Ill Will Management] – Ivan Baird a.k.a. "Clark Kent"*
- Mastered By – Chris Gehringer
- Other [Assistant Stylist] – Dacia McIver
- Other [Barber] – Mike Brinkley a.k.a. "The Razor"
- Other [Production] – Go Scout
- Other [Stylist] – Crystal Streets
- Photography By – Jonathan "I Stay Focused" Mannion*
- Photography By [Assistant] – Erskine "E-Double" Childers*, "Uncle" Louis Rivera*
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 8 28768 25652 7
- Barcode (String): 828768256527
|CK 86930, CK86930||Nas||God's Son (CD, Album)||Columbia, Columbia||CK 86930, CK86930||US||2002|
|509811 5, COL 509811 5, 5098115000||Nas||God's Son (CD, Album + CD, Enh + Ltd)||Columbia, Columbia, Ill Will Records||509811 5, COL 509811 5, 5098115000||Europe||2002|
|CDCOL6579||Nas||God's Son (CD, Album)||Columbia||CDCOL6579||South Africa||2002|
|C2S 59073||Nas||God's Son (Instrumental) (2xLP, Album)||Columbia||C2S 59073||US||2003|
|NSLP2-010||Nas||God's Son (Instrumentals) (2xLP)||Ill Will Records||NSLP2-010||US||Unknown|